What Channel Are the New York Yankees Playing On?

Find out what channel the New York Yankees are playing on by checking out their schedule.

Checkout this video:

Introduction

The New York Yankees are a major league baseball team that plays in the American League East Division. Their home games are played at Yankee Stadium in the Bronx, New York City. The Yankees are one of the most successful teams in baseball history, winning 27 World Series championships.

The New York Yankees

The New York Yankees are a professional baseball team based in the Bronx, New York City. They compete in Major League Baseball (MLB) as a member club of the American League (AL) East division. They are one of two major league clubs based in New York City, the other being the New York Mets of the National League (NL).

History

The New York Yankees are a professional baseball team based in the Bronx, New York City. They compete in Major League Baseball (MLB) as a member club of the American League (AL) East division. They are one of two major league clubs based in New York City; the other is the New York Mets of the National League. In baseball, the Yankees’ schedule is typically referred to as the “Subway Series.”

The franchise began play in 1901 as the Baltimore Orioles (no relation to the modern Baltimore Orioles). Frank Farrell and Bill Devery purchased the franchise and moved it to New York City, renaming it the New York Highlanders. The Highlanders were officially renamed the Yankees in 1913.

Notable Players

The New York Yankees are a professional baseball team based in the Bronx, New York City. They compete in Major League Baseball (MLB) as a member club of the American League (AL) East division. They are one of two major league clubs based in New York City; the other is the National League’s (NL) Mets. The Yankees began play in the 1901 season as the Baltimore Orioles (no relation to the modern Baltimore Orioles team), moving to New York in 1903 and adopting the iconic “Yankees” name in 1913.

The Yankees on Television

If you’re a fan of the New York Yankees, you might be wondering what channel they’re playing on. The answer depends on your cable or satellite provider, as well as your location. In most cases, the Yankees will be on the YES Network.

Regular Season

The YES Network (full name: Yankee Entertainment and Sports Network) is an American cable and satellite television channel that is owned by 21st Century Fox through a partnership with the Yankee Global Enterprises (which owns a 20% stake), and Yankee Stadium LLC (which owns the remaining 80%). Launched on March 19, 2002, the network serves as the exclusive home for all of the Major League Baseball team’s game telecasts, as well as most of the team’s pre-game and post-game shows.

The majority of Yankees games air on the YES Network. However, some local blackout restrictions will apply, depending on your location. In areas subject to blackouts, games will be made available on an alternate channel, usually either FS1 or MLB Network.

Here is the YES Network TV schedule for the 2019 season.* All times are ET.

*Schedule subject to change

Postseason

The Yankees have played in 44 American League Championship Series (ALCS), winning 27 times. They have appeared in 37 World Series, winning 27 – more than any other team. The team has also won 19 East Division titles, 16 West Division titles, and three Wild Card berths. The following is a list of the television networks and announcers that have broadcast World Series and ALCS games involving the New York Yankees.

Postseason
Television coverage of the American League Championship Series was first nationally televised in 1971 on NBC, with Curt Gowdy and Pee Wee Reese calling the action. NBC held rights to the ALCS until it lost Major League Baseball rights to CBS following the1989 season. CBS had previously only broadcast baseball during the regular season.

As part of MLB’s new television contract with Fox beginning in 1990, that network obtained exclusive national rights to all postseason games including the ALCS (IE, every game not aired on ABC as part of that network’s Saturday Baseball Package). That contract continued through 1997; beginning in 1998 (as part of Fox’s new contract with Major League Baseball), Fox alternate coverage of the National League Championship Series with TBS as part of that network’s new baseball contract (which carried over from its former Atlanta Braves-exclusive contract).

Conclusion

In conclusion, the New York Yankees are playing on the ESPN channel tonight. Make sure to tune in and catch the game!

Scroll to Top