The Yankees played in the Polo Grounds in 1921. The Polo Grounds was a stadium in New York City from 1876 to 1963.
Checkout this video:
The Polo Grounds
The Polo Grounds was the name of three stadiums in Upper Manhattan, New York City, used mainly for professional baseball and American football from 1880 until 1963. The original Polo Grounds, opened in 1876 and located at One Hundred and Tenth Street and Fifth Avenue, was the first home of the New York Metropolitans baseball club, as well as the first home of the New York Giants football team.
The Yankees shared the Polo Grounds with the New York Giants
The New York Yankees began playing at the Polo Grounds in 1913, sharing the stadium with the New York Giants. The Yankees played their home games at the Polo Grounds until 1922, when they moved to Yankee Stadium. The Giants continued to play at the Polo Grounds until 1957, when they moved to San Francisco.
The Polo Grounds was located in Upper Manhattan
The Polo Grounds was the name of three stadiums in Upper Manhattan, New York City, used mainly for professional baseball and American football from 1880 through 1963. As the name suggests, the original Polo Grounds, opened in 1876, was built for the sport of polo. Ebbets Field, home to the Brooklyn Dodgers from 1913 to 1957, was adjacent to the Polo Grounds.
The Polo Grounds was the home of the Yankees from 1913-1922
The Polo Grounds was the home of the New York Yankees from 1913 to 1922, when they played at East 161st Street and River Avenue in the Bronx. It also hosted the New York Giants baseball club from 1883 to 1888. The sixth and final Polo Grounds was used for both baseball and football until it was replaced by Yankee Stadium in 1923.
Ebbets Field was a baseball stadium in Brooklyn, New York, USA. It is known for being the home of the Brooklyn Dodgers from 1913 to 1957. The stadium was also home to the New York Yankees from 1913 to 1922.
The Yankees shared Ebbets Field with the Brooklyn Dodgers
The Yankees shared Ebbets Field with the Brooklyn Dodgers from 1913 to 1922. The Dodgers moved to Ebbets Field from Washington Park, which they had shared with the Brooklyn Trolley Dodgers and the Brooklyn Superbas. Ebbets Field was originally built for $600,000 and seated about 23,000 fans.
Ebbets Field was located in Brooklyn
Ebbets Field was a Major League Baseball stadium in Brooklyn, New York City. It is known mainly as the home of the Brooklyn Dodgers baseball team of the National League, from 1913 to 1957, but was also home to three National Football League teams in the 1920s. Ebbet’s Field was demolished in 1960 and replaced by apartment buildings.
The Yankees played at Ebbets Field from 1923-1957
Ebbets Field was home to the New York Yankees from 1923-1957. It was located in the Brooklyn borough of New York City. The ballpark was named after Charles Ebbets, who was a Brooklyn Dodgers owner. The field was originally built for the Dodgers, but after they moved to Los Angeles, the Yankees took over the lease.
Ebbets Field was known for its short right field porch, which was only 305 feet from home plate. This made it very friendly for right-handed power hitters such as Babe Ruth and Mickey Mantle. The field also had a unique layout, with the bullpens located in foul territory down the first and third base lines.
The last game at Ebbets Field was played on September 24, 1957, when the Yankees lost to the Pittsburgh Pirates 9-1. The following year, the Yankees moved to their new home at Yankee Stadium.
The New York Yankees began play in the American League in 1903. They originally played their home games at Hilltop Park. In 1913, they moved to the Polo Grounds. They played at the Polo Grounds until 1922 when they moved to Yankee Stadium.
Yankee Stadium was built in the Bronx
In April of 1923, Yankee Stadium opened its doors for the very first time. The Yankees played their first game against the Boston Red Sox, and Babe Ruth hit the very first home run in the newly minted stadium. Yankee Stadium was built to replace the Polo Grounds, which had been home to the Yankees since 1913.
The new stadium was built in just 18 months at a cost of $2.4 million. It was originally known as “The House that Ruth Built,” as it was largely thanks to Babe Ruth’s popularity that the stadium was able to be built so quickly and affordably. Yankee Stadium quickly became known as one of the most iconic baseball stadiums in America, and it remained the home of the Yankees until 2008.
The Yankees have played at Yankee Stadium since 1923
The Yankees began play in the 1901 season as the Baltimore Orioles (no relation to the current Baltimore Orioles franchise). In 1903, Frank Farrell and Bill Devery purchased the franchise after it ceased operations, moving it to New York City, where they renamed it the New York Highlanders. The Highlanders were officially renamed the New York Yankees in 1913. The team is owned by Yankee Global Enterprises, an LLC controlled by the family of the late George Steinbrenner, who purchased the team in 1973.
The Yankees have played their home games at Yankee Stadium since 1923. Originally built as “The House That Ruth Built”, Yankee Stadium was renovated in 1974 and again in 2006. The stadium is one block north of East 161st Street and River Avenue in The Bronx, an inner-ring suburb of New York City. It sits one block east of Metro Center, at Grand Central Terminal.
Yankee Stadium is the home of the New York Yankees
Yankee Stadium is a stadium located in the Concourse section of the Bronx in New York City. It serves as the home ballpark for the New York Yankees of Major League Baseball (MLB). The $2.3 billion stadium, built with $1.2 billion in public subsidies, replaced the original Yankee Stadium in 2009. It is one block north of the original site of the Highbridge Park Bronx entrance at 161st Street and River Avenue.