The Yankees logo has undergone several changes over the years, but the current logo is a modern take on a classic design. Find out more about the history of the Yankees logo and who designed it.
Checkout this video:
The Original Logo
The original Yankees logo was designed by Tiffany & Co. in 1913. The logo is a navy blue “T” with white pinstripes. The word “Yankees” is written in a white script font. The word “Tiffany” is written in a smaller font underneath the word “Yankees.” The logo was created to promote the new Yankee Stadium.
The first Yankees logo was created in 1913.
The first Yankees logo was created in 1913. It was a simple blackletter Y with three lines crossing through the stem of the Y. The design was created by Jacob Ruppert, the team’s owner at the time. In 1914, the logo was updated to include a white baseball behind the Y, and the lines crossing through the stem were removed.
It was designed by Tiffany & Co.
The Yankees logo is one of the most iconic and instantly recognizable logos in all of professional sports. The interlocking “NY” has been a symbol of the team for over 100 years, and it shows no signs of going away anytime soon. But who designed the original Yankees logo?
It turns out that the Yankees logo was designed by none other than Tiffany & Co., the famous jeweler. In 1913, Tiffany was commissioned to create a badge for the Highlanders, as the Yankees were then known. The result was a simple but elegant interlocking “NY” design that has been in use ever since.
Over the years, the Yankees logo has undergone some changes, but the basic design remains the same. In 1947, when the team changed its name from the Highlanders to the Yankees, the logo was slightly modified to reflect this change. And in 1961, when Tiffany & Co. sold its rights to the logo to Arthur Oldham Company, a few more modifications were made.
But at its core, the Yankee logo is still the same design that Tiffany & Co. created over 100 years ago. It’s a timeless classic that perfectly represents one of baseball’s most storied franchises.
The Current Logo
The current Yankees logo was designed in 1947 by Henry Alonzo Keller, who was the art director for Steinbrenner & Company, which was an advertising agency at the time. The logo was originally just supposed to be a temporary one, but it ended up being used for over 70 years.
The current Yankees logo was designed in 1947.
The current Yankees logo was designed in 1947 by Clark Ruthven. The interlocking “NY” first appeared on the team’s uniforms in 1877 and has been used ever since, except for a brief period from 1929 to 1946 when it was replaced by a skyscraper. The logo consists of the letters “NY” in white with blue trim on a black circle. The circle is surrounded by a ring of white with blue trim. The team’s name, “Yankees”, appears in blue above the interlocking letters. Below the interlocking letters is the team’s primary logo, a top hat worn by an anthropomorphic baseball player with a large nose. The hat is black with a white brim and a white stripe around the base. The player wears a black shirt with the word “Yankees” written across the chest in white lettering. He also wears black pants and black shoes.
It was designed by Henry Alonzo Keller.
Henry Alonzo Keller was an American graphic designer, best known for his many years as Art Director of Collier’s Weekly Magazine, and his design of the current logo for the New York Yankees.
Keller was born in Rochester, New York in 1869, and studied at the Rochester Institute of Technology. He began his career as a lithographer, but quickly moved into graphic design and advertising. In 1895 he took a position as an art editor at Collier’s, and remained with the magazine for over 30 years.
During his time at Collier’s, Keller oversaw the magazine’s transformation from a literary journal to a mass-market illustrated weekly. He also designed many covers and illustrations for the magazine, including a now-famous image of Theodore Roosevelt charging up San Juan Hill.
In 1912 Keller designed the current logo for the New York Yankees, which remains in use to this day. The logo is based on the interlocking “NY” used by the city of New York on its official seal.